- Heat the oil
- Add the fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds
- When the seeds start to splutter and the red chillies & garlic
- When the garlic is slightly cooked, add the onions
- When onions are light brown, add the squash, and cover the pan
- About 5 minutes later, once the squash is about 1/2 way cooked, add all the dry powders (except chat masala). Keep the pan covered & cook for another 5 minutes.
- When fully cooked, add the chat masala and mix nicely.
I think adding some lime juice might be nice too if chat masala is not available, though I haven’t tried this!