- 1 onion: diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic: diced fine
- 2 tomatoes: diced fine
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small piece cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Chili powder to taste
- 2 cans black beans
- Heat oil, once hot add the cumin seeds.
- When then begin to sputter, add the cinnamon stick and garlic.
- Saute for a few seconds and add the onions
- When onions become brown, add the tomatoes
- Cook until the tomatoes are fully cooked and add the powders & salt
- This is a good time to taste!
- Now add the black beans, cover and cook for 20 minutes