- 1 cup split moong dal
- 1 onion: julienned
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Boil the moong dal until it’s fully cooked, add salt to taste. A cup of dal, probably needs about 2 – 3 cups of water.
- In a pan, add some oil. When hot, add the cumin seeds & red chillies broken
- When cumin seeds begin to sputter, add the onions.
- When the onions are brown, add the turmeric and cumin powder. Cook for less than 5 seconds
- Add everything to the dal, and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes.