For the past three days Tashi (and now Zuri too) have been on a healthy, wholistic diet! For the past couple meals they’ve been eating better than both of us 🙂
So, the diet:
- 40% protein:
- lean beef/lean lamb/lean pork/buffalo
- salmon/white fish/tuna/clams
- kidney/liver/gizzards – apparently super good!
- 30% carbs:
- sweet potato/yams/potato
- squash/carrots (what, they are a carb?), pumpkin
- 30% veggies:
- greens: collard/spinach/kale
- ONIONS are not good for dogs!
The meal had to be grand enough, in honor of the start of Top Chef Masters :):
- Protein for the day: chicken
- Carbs: a combination of barley, rice, lentils, sweet potatoes
- Veggies: collard greens, beans, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots
Tashi & Zuri sure seem to love the food! And we’ve worked out that it’s not that much more expensive than feeding them dog food.
They were on R/D until recently – though R/D appears to be quite crappy. Including 11% of the food filled with peanut hulls (for fiber they say)
Canidae is a much better substitute for weight loss/maintenance.
Figure out what you are feeding your dog and if it’s time for a change here: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com