Handful of beans – french cut
1/2 – 3/4 an onion – thinly sliced (pink onion works best)
1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
1/2 red/yellow pepper – thinly sliced
handful of snowpeas
(all of these are optional).
1. Boil about 2 cups of rice
2. When about 90% cooked – put in peas for a few seconds
3. Strain out excess water.
In the meantime:
4. Add oil
5. Add cashews, raisins, almonds — quickly fry till slightly brown — take out and keep aside.
6. Then Add tej patha, 1 big elaichi, few cloves, 1 stick cinnamon
7. Add onion – fry till light brown. Then add remaining vegetables + salt.
8. Fry till almost fully cooked.
9. Add 1/2 spoon of garam masala + chilli powder
10. Fry quickly.
11. Then add the rice and mix it all together.
1. Boil 3 eggs.
2. In the oil, put jeera also (and no big elaichi) (step 6 above)
3. In the end mix 2 tsp yogurt with jeera powder, chilli powder and very little garam masala (step 9)
4. Add it and cook for few minutes
After adding the rice and mixing everything —
5. Now add the eggs – sliced in quarters (lengthwise)
With Paneer & tomatoes
When using paneer – follow the Variation 1.
Except in step 7 – after all veggies are cooked – also add tomatoes.
Then when all is cooked — add the paneer (before rice)
(It is better if the paneer is broiled or fried first – otherwise it may fall apart)